– Uganda’s Dr. John Sentamu is the UK’s first black Archbishop.
– He is the Church of England’s second highest ranked cleric as Archbishop of York.
– He became the first Chancellor of York St John University in 2007. He also became the first Chancellor of the University of Cumbria.
– Archbishop Dr. John Sentamu has honorary doctorates from the University of Chester, the University of York, the University of Leeds, University of Hullby and the University of Sheffield.
– In October 2007, he was awarded Yorkshireman of the Year. He sits in the House of Lords.
– Archbishop Dr. Rt. Hon. John Sentamu is the former Bishop of Stepney and former Bishop of Birmingham. He became the President of Youth for Christ in 2004 and President of the YMCA in April 2005.